Gokhan Mumcu, Ph.D.
Office: ENB 362 - Mail Code: ENB 118
4202 E. Fowler Avenue
Tampa, FL 33620, USA
Phone: (813) 974-8178
Dr. Mumcu is currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering, University of South Florida. He obtained his B.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering from Bilkent University (2003), and his M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in Electrical and Computer Engineering from The Ohio State University in 2005 and 2008, respectively.
Dr. Mumcu ranked first on the national university entrance exam taken annually by over 1.5 million Turkish students (1999). He was the recipient of the 1999 International Education Fellowship of the Turkish Ministry of Education. He was the recipient of a best paper award at 2008 URSI National Radio Science Meeting, and the 2008 outstanding dissertation award at the Ohio State University, ElectroScience Laboratory.
His research is focused on electromagnetic theory, computational electromagnetics, THz imaging systems, metamaterials and their applications to small directive radiators and printed miniature antennas.
- G. Mumcu, K. Sertel, and J. L. Volakis, "A Measurement Process to Characterize Natural and Engineered Low-Loss Uniaxial Dielectric Materials at Microwave Frequencies," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 217 – 223, Jan. 2008.
- L. Zhang, G. Mumcu, S. Yarga, K. Sertel, J. L. Volakis, and H. Verweij, "Fabrication and Characterization of Anisotropic Dielectrics for Low-Loss Microwave Applications," Journal of Materials Science, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 1505 – 1509, Mar. 2008.
- G. Mumcu, K. Sertel, and J. L. Volakis, "Surface Integral Equation Solutions for Modeling 3D Uniaxial Media Using Closed Form Dyadic Green's Functions," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 56, no. 8, pp. 2381 – 2388, Aug. 2008.
- G. Mumcu, K. Sertel, and J. L. Volakis, "Miniature Antenna Using Printed Coupled Lines Emulating Degenerate Band Edge Crystals," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 57, no. 6, pp. 1618 – 1624, June 2009.
- G. Mumcu, K. Sertel, and J. L. Volakis, "Lumped Circuit Models for Degenerate Band Edge and Magnetic Photonic Crystals," to appear in IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, 2009.